Telluride has GSM service.
- NEW! This year, T-Mobile has no service in town. Only Verizon and ATT service works. (Information should be checked next year. Many people buy t-mobile prepay SIMs to put in their phones. Unfortunately T-Mobile makes it very hard to buy their pre-pay plans together with SIMs and does not ship to Telluride. All your questions about rates etc should be answered if you can manage to navigate t-mobiles site. You might need US credit card to refill these plans or find someone who can do it for you. In the USA thankfully you can still get such a SIM without ID as long as you can get to the store.)
- If you have a GSM only phone you might have trouble because some carriers like ATT or Cellular 1 (311xxx APN) seem to offer only 3g service.
Some favorites are
- Baked in Telluride - take out / counter service sandwiches, pizza, fountain drinks.
- La Cocina de Luz - Cheap and plentiful Mexican and Southwestern food; open for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- 123 East Colorado
- The condos are individually owned units so please keep the furniture and supplies in them. Or, at least make certain that everything is put back in the condo before you leave.
- These are self-catering condos. Each condo should have everything needed to keep house: laundry facilities either in the condo or in a central location; sheets, towels, vacuum cleaner, broom, etc.
- The rental company is supposed to provide a weekly cleaning for the condos. However, this has always been problematic so don't depend on this.
- Housekeeping services are not provided as needed. For example, if you throw a major party, clean up after yourself. Do not call Housekeeping for a party clean up. And, yes, we will hear about it if you do.
- In town communication: Pam actually managed to get the phone numbers for all of the condos. They are on the housing chart.
Tipping for meals is expected (i.e., required) in town. Plan on 10-15% for lunch; 15-20% for dinner. And, yes, if you don't tip, the restaurants will complain to us. They know who we are.
Beware of bears
Nights at school house
Bring a flashlight or headlamp. The path from the schoolhouse to the street and the street to join Main Street have no street lights.
There is an excellent town library (see wiki:2011/Housing#Map for map) with a cheap visitors card option and a fantastic children's section. We sometimes present public lectures there.
The Workshop uses the Alpine Bank in Telluride. They are friendly toward us. 120 South Pine Street.
There are two groceries - Clark's, below Telluride Lodge, and the Village Market, next to Baked in Telluride on the way to the town park. Both are open 7 days.
Town Gray Goose Bus
The free bus runs along Telluride from about 7am to 8pm daily. It stops behind Telluride Lodge going towards the park along Pacific at 1,21,41 past the hour and returns from the park next to the bridge crossing the river along Colorado Ave (the main street) at 12,32,52 past the hour.